Cemented Glory

So one of my glorious duties this summer is to lead tours of the Capitol. I love it. Every day I walk in and am again blown away but the grander and magnificence of it all. I tell the stories I have heard, most of the are true. There's one story that I'm pretty sure is true but I'll tell you anyway. Outside the Supreme Court Chambers in the Small Senate Rotunda there are cat paw prints immortalized in the glossy cement flooring. A fellow intern told me they were made when the Capitol was used as a bakery and a hospital during the Civil War. Interesting huh? What's even cooler is that there are stories of a demon cat that comes out only before really bad stuff happens. Like 9-11 or something like that. So the security guards see it running at them and they shoot at it and stuff but it, obviously, disappears. OOOoooooohhhhhhh! SpooooooOOOOoooky!!! There's even a website about it. Me and the other intern were looking at it the other day. And don't worry, that totally qualifies as work related research/web surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment