The Home and Garden Channel

This just turned into a find-great-places-to-sleep-on-grass blog. So the best place to sleep on the grass would be on the White House back lawn. I was privileged to tromp on this lawn when we saw Obama greet Chancellor Angela Merkel a few weeks ago. The grass is long, thick, cool, no weeds, and no nasty bugs. However, it's highly inaccessible. But if I had my way, I'd nap there on the daily.

The worst point would be at Gravelly Point where we watch the airplanes come in. Every time I go there I have such a blast but come away with such diverse bug bites that one tube of CVS Pharmacy Cortisone 1% hydrocortisone ant-itch ointment will not do the trick for long. To I'll spare you the crass details.

The next best lawn is that of the National Cathedral; it's both accessible and clean! Today a bunch of us went to participate in Evensong and I got there early with a friend who only came because of the tales I told of the great napping grass. During the flowers festival on one of our first weekends out here I took a break and connected with Mother Earth through the East Lawn, it was great. So today we slept outside under a tree for an hour then did our little prayer/sing/sit/stand thing and it was great! So, if you're looking to find some great sleeping grass with shade head on over to the National Cathedral.

No comments:

Post a Comment