Literacy

This post is dedicated to J.K. Rowling because A. It's about Harry Potter and B. It's written and Harry Potter made me literate. I watched the last installment of the movies and have, for the time being, closed that chapter in my life. I really can't say enough about how much I have loved this series. My mother forbade me from reading any more books when I was a senior in high school because it was getting just that bad. But I loved them because I could pick up any book and start reading anywhere and it was my favorite part, again. The most excited I have ever been for a Christmas present was when I opened up my very own box set during my freshman year in college. Endless Harry Potter trivia, endless web searching and fan essay reading, so many deep literary discussions. . . :) I didn't like reading before Harry Potter. I owe my literacy to J.K. Rowling, and some other people but really to her. And because I owe her my literacy it is arguable that I also owe her any success I have in this world. Maybe. Regardless my point is I love Harry Potter and will always have fond memories as I force my own children to read the series that had a place in my life from 4 grade to my senior year of college. What a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment