My Favorite Park

In my first week here I happened upon this wonderful gem in the middle of Georgetown and have oft frequented it since. It is a public park behind an old house. This park needs a good poem to go with it. It is so serene and perfect in the middle of a busy city. It's beautiful and relaxing and peaceful. I have a small suspicion that magical things can happen here. In fact, I have evidence to prove it.

Evidence one: there is a bench in this park that curves outward. It is the only one of its kind I have seen thus far in my life. As a HUGE fan of benches (thanks Heather), I appreciate this magical aspect.


Evidence two: once I ate a free magical cupcake there. 


Evidence three: the other night we had an ipod dance party during the night. If you know anything about ipod dance parties then you know this is a big deal, and as such, is magical. 


Evidence four: I saw my first lightning bug here (magical). 


Evidence five: if Harry Potter took place at Georgetown University (it could because Georgetown University is a castle), then he would spend time at this park. AKA, this park is magical. 

I believe I have provided compelling evidence to support my claim. My work here is done. Pictures are provided to aid your imagination of magical things.

No comments:

Post a Comment