Danga! Danga! I'm on Fi-ya!

Some of you reading this may have had some vague notion in the past that there is a small part of me that likes to be around, or in the middle of, the action and attention. Though I am not familiar with the origins of this impression, I have been made aware of its existence by a few. Well, you'll like this story.

So imagine me in a small kitchen frying up some teriyaki chicken to top my long grain reheated white rice. I'm cookin' this chicken and am getting so INVOLVED in the whole culinary experience like you wouldn't believe! I'm intensely dreaming of the sweet sauce and nourishment my body will receive that I don't notice the smoke. As I pull the pan off the burner I'm awaken from this dream by a flashing light and siren, here meaning 'fire alarm.' So. Because here at the Barlow Center we all follow directions and strive for the safest environment, people start flooding into the already occupied small kitchen to see who done it. As people file pass and spread the news to other areas of the Center I call the fire department, tell them it's a false alarm, turn on the fan, and go through the necessary procedures to let the curious know that there really is nothing to see. What an addition to my repertoire of experiences here in D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment