Vague Metaphors

In the Metro and really any escalator in D.C. there is an unspoken rule about walking up the escalator and just standing. On each escalator the right side is for standing and the left side is for walking. I usually walk. I like to think my time is SO valuable and my calf muscles SO huge that I am a walker. And I usually forget about the rule and get shoved into that line anyway so I just end up walking. It's also the overachiever side. OK. So, if I say, "This morning was a right side of the escalator kind of morning," you'll be able to derive some meaning out if it. I think it means that the morning beat me down so much already (before 8:30 am) that to avoid further provoking I should just stand while ascending to the street level rather than racing to my fate. Just for this morning anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment