Topic #1

The humidity here, nay, the east coast in general, is quite unbearable. There are some days where I walk outside and ask myself, "Who decided to build our nation's capitol on a swamp? Is that really the best indicator of success for the future of America?" It's the worst when it rains just before the sun comes out in the morning and all the water evaporates but doesn't go up into the sky; it just hangs in midair waiting for you to walk by and mix it up. I bet if you looked hard enough you could even see the actual water droplets.

There was one weekend when I had to go to the store and buy some new, cooler clothes because I swore to never wear pants again, only skirts. Thus, my new love for skirts for all occasions.

Today I found myself wishing for slightly more humidity because my hair was getting static, then I kicked myself because that is the last thing anyone should wish for.

Sometimes the heat is really nice. Our apartments can get really cold and they just fixed the air conditioning on our floor so it's as if they want to make up for how hot it was at the beginning so they set the temp on sub zero. So when I've been cold for any length of time at work, home, or in transit (bus/metro) then a short stint outside where I can feel the atmosphere pressing down upon me from all sides is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment